Electronic Formats of State Legislation
Open Source Software Institute
Cornell Legal Information Institute
Behind the Site
What is a LegisLink?
- A human-readable web address that links directly to legislation and
sublevels within legislation for any jurisdiction.
- When linkable, LegisLink directly connects to the official website.
- When not linkable, LegisLink connects reusing the official document.
- Go ahead. Use LegisLinks in emails and blogs. Let’s see what happens.
What is LegisLink.org?
- An open-source, public-domain web service for everyone.
- An experiment in the idea of a URL Exchange Switchboard for web documents and data.
- A logical and easy way to get where you want to go in terms of legislation.
- A logical and easy way to share URLs that are, after all, just citations.
- Users define LegisLink formats for software developers to create.
- Developers write code to provide the results.
- There's also some discussion topics, defining of formats, and general idea swapping.
This work is in the Public Domain
- Source Code - Blog and Collab Space - Privacy Notice (October 8, 2009)
Creators and Contributors